Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Reset CANON PIXMA IP5000 printer

To reset the counter or to find out about it´s reading you have to use the service mode.
Turn off the printer, push the resume button and keep on pushing.
Press the power button and keep on pushing. Now let go off the resume button,
but not the power button. Push the resume button twice, then let go off all buttons.
You are now in service mode.

To leave the service mode, give the power button one push.

Push the resume button once, after that the power button once.
The first information page appears.
Push reume twice, then power once: You get the second page.

Newer PIXMA-printers print the first page as a test for the nozzles.
The second page contains a lot of information.

Our advice: Print the second page before and after reset of the waste ink counter.
Only then can you be sure that the reset was a success.

To reset the waste ink counter right now, push resume four times and after that power once.

Important: Before starting with normal printing again, switch off the printer.
That gets you out of service mode.

Then switch on the printer again and print as you like.



I think this procedure may work on IP4000/3000 or newer models

1 comment:

Collegegirl said...

Good attempt to provide drivers. Reallyu appreciable. Excellent blog, nice post. I love the contents and thoughts. I am so proud to vote for this beautiful blog. I VOTED FOR YOU, I hope many friends like Danaty, Freearticle, Fengshui, chinafan, freearticle will Vote for u. I expect your valuable suggestions about
my favorite Business Blog. I hope you will grace me with your precious Vote.Just copy this link to your browser
http://bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/69551